Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Before the world awakes...


Before the world awakes...



Early morning, at dawn, before the world awakes and taints it all.

I stand at my favourite spot and watch the black sky turn into purple.

I watch as a luminous pink pushes the black and purple farther away and is met by the first golden rays...

I smile as I watch the mist rise. As the golden rays dance merrily on the mist, only to reveal a beautiful spectrum of colour. 
I am freed as I watch the light gain in on the darkness, light prevailing and ridding me of the stark night. 

The golden strands that tell of sunrise, of new beginnings..

I watch as the birds join in the beautiful song. 

I close my eyes and take in the liberating, enriching,misty air... 

Ah yes, before world awakes and taints it all... 

Before the world awakes and taints it all..

Candy Morrow

9 comments:

  1. ah i could just about close my eyes and just take that in as well...ugh on the world tainting it...i know what you mean...love those early morning moments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seep them in, slowly and with much caution...paint a mental potrait, not missing a beat and store it in the depths of my mind. That way I take home with me where ever I may go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed this, your imagery and the stillness and perfection of dawn, it's the best time isn't it? Before, as you say, the world awakes and taints it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love watching sunrises too, you describe the feeling beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm much of a morning person and could feel the atmosphere you paint so vividly..the world tainting it all repetition was almost haunting in the closure and sad as well.. wish we could store these early morning moments in our pockets and pull them out during the day and just feel and smell them again..

    ReplyDelete
  6. morning at the beach is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rise of the morning sun and its pleasure must be hard-wired in our DNA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beauty and rest of the morning, rousing day light from sleep and darkness... These are primordial moments, almost bringing to realiztion the world made new again. If only the day's experience lived up to such beautiful, peaceful promise.

    ReplyDelete