Sunday, 3 June 2012

Fear's Worst Enemy

Black holes aren't just up in space, but right
here in my mind. Disguised as potential
hurt, maybes and doubts. They consume
all positive possibilities and even
probabilities. I keep losing vision of what
is, can be and should be because I'm stuck in a black hole called FEAR.

Taking up such a large space and taking up so
much of my time. Pondering on whether
I can and if I will, this black hole is out to
kill. Kill all my dreams, my aspirations
and even my destiny. What shall I do with this thing that has brewed up inside of me? This thing
that I harbor and rationalize with. I
compromise my destiny and even my
abilities because I gave this black hole
time to even consume my reasoning. The
power of the mind is powerful, but sometimes my power of choice turns me
into a fool. Choosing to give this thing so
much reign and accepting all destroyed
possibilities in pain! No more shall I let it roam free in my
mind.

I'll brew an opposing black hole. Yes.
Faith. This black hole is my solution.
Authored by God and sustained by Him, I
cannot lose this battle. This is one black
hole that results in a complete future. Fear must now guard itself for
now it has a formidable enemy. Fear will
know fear of my Faith. My Faith will
restore all I lost and could've lost by
reminding me of what can still be, no, of
what is for Faith is the substance of my possibilities, hopes and dreams. I now
realise my destiny in my present and am
prepared to accept it in my present. This
gift called Faith allows me to now live
without Fear because all I am has been
restored to all I'll be.

-Nigel Sibisi

2 comments:

  1. Faith!!! I thank you for this thought..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renewed..when fear thought it had cast this thought in piles and piles of utter rubbish, it emerges still..

    ReplyDelete